Golda Meir House Expansion
160 Stanton Avenue, Newton, MA
About This Project
Construction is underway to expand our Golda Meir House property in Newton and provide opportunities to age in community for 68 more households. To connect new residents to the existing Golda building, the Expansion consists of two additions that connect on every floor, rather than a standalone building, and a new fully-accessible entrance into Golda from an expanded upper parking lot. Together, the Expansion will create 57 one-bedroom and 11 two-bedroom apartments, for a total of 267 apartments on the consolidated Golda Meir House campus. Nine of the 68 apartments are designated for chronically homeless individuals, with supportive services provided by Hearth, Inc. in collaboration with 2Life staff.
For more information on Golda Meir House, click here.
Highlights and Special Features
Once complete the Expansion will include:
- Two additions connecting the new units on every floor to the existing building
- 68 new apartments, which will be affordable to seniors with a range of incomes (a mix of 1 and 2 bedrooms)
- Nine apartments designated for chronically homeless individuals, with supportive services provided by Hearth, Inc. in collaboration with 2Life staff
- A new ADA-accessible entrance from the upper parking lot
- A reconfigured parking lot with approximately 29 additional parking spaces
- Improved outdoor spaces and gardens
- 2Life Communities will be collaborating with an area university on a graduate student "scholar in residence" program.
The Expansion will be seamlessly integrated with the management and operations of the existing Golda Meir House with access to award-winning programs and supportive services. The Golda Meir House “Village Center” not only combats isolation for our residents, but welcomes community members to take part in programming.
In addition to creating much-needed affordable housing, the Golda Expansion will create new opportunities for aging in community in Newton. UMass Boston’s January 2018 report “Newton Older Adults” found that approximately 17 percent of Newton residents are age 65 or older and this is projected to increase to 24 percent by 2030. Of these community members over 65, 27.7 percent are living alone and 8.5 percent have an income below the poverty level.
- Contractor: Colantonio Inc.
- Architect: PCA/ Prellwitz Chilinski Associates Inc.
- Landscape Architect/Civil Engineer: Stantec
- Legal: Klein Hornig LLP
- Owner's Representative: WaypointKLA
If there are questions or concerns that relate to immediate/emergency site conditions, please email:
Colantonio Project Manager
Phone: 508-429-8666 ext. 254
Email Colantonio Project Manager
Colantonio Project Superintendent
Email Colantonio Project Superintendent
If there are questions or concerns related to schedule or upcoming work, please call or email:
2Life Construction Project Manager
Email 2Life Construction Project Manager
If you have any questions about the project, please call or email:
Real Estate Project Manager
Email Real Estate Project Manager
Construction began in August 2021 and is expected to be complete in summer of 2023. We are committed to keeping our residents and neighbors informed while we are under construction. If you have any immediate concerns about safety, noise or access, please contact the appropriate designated representative in the Project Team drop-down menu above.
Construction Update as of August 21, 2023
Utility, Site Work & Concrete Foundations
Construction of Additions
Affirmative Marketing & Leasing
Thank you so much for your patience throughout the last two years. We are nearing completion of the project and Colantonio will be working on interior touch ups throughout the next few weeks.
For more information on Golda Meir House visit: