500 Lynnfield Street, Lynn, MA
Check Back Here for Regular Updates
About This Project
2Life Communities is thrilled to present our Solimine House project, an amazing opportunity to support aging in community by building 150 new apartments of service-enriched housing affordable for seniors in Lynn, MA. This site abuts both the North Shore’s Mass General Brigham Medical Center and a new Program for All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Center that will be operated by Element Care. Solimine House presents a remarkable opportunity to produce much-needed affordable senior housing with supportive services in Lynn and demonstrate innovative ways to integrate housing and healthcare. The project also responds to the desire of many housing and health equity advocates in Lynn that the former Union Hospital site (which this project replaces) remains in service to low-income residents in the Lynn community.
The new building is broken into three interconnected 4-5-story houses with common spaces that feature a welcoming residential entry, extensive program spaces for residents and a public plaza off of Lynnfield Street. Surface parking will be located behind the building and designed to maximize outdoor green space. The center of the site will hold a courtyard for residents which will open up to 40,000 sf of public green space and walking paths. The new Element Care PACE Center will be connected to Solimine House by a pedestrian walkway.
Highlights and Special Features
- 100% affordable to households with incomes up to 60% Area Median Income ($56,400 for a one-person household and $64,440 for a two-person household), except for 2 apartments reserved for 24 hours on-call live in staff.
- Highly efficient, sustainable and resilient building designed to Passive House standards bringing improved heath, economic and environmental benefits to our residents and addressing the important objective of reducing our carbon footprint.
- The project is designed to the highest standards of universal design (especially in bathrooms and kitchens) to allow our residents to remain in their apartments regardless of their physical ability that often changes as people age.
- The ground floor Village Center includes flexible spaces for fitness and wellness activities, arts and culture programs, space for communal meals and other community events -- the hallmark of all 2Life communities.
- Connected to a newly constructed Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Center – a unique healthcare program, targeted to frail low-income people ages 55 and older, with community-based health and home care services.
- The design maximizes open space to provide an opportunity for residents to enjoy time outside with a large courtyard and open space with walking paths and seating areas.
- The site is bordered by the Mass General Brigham Medical Center to the east and single family residential areas to the north and west. The new Element Care PACE Center borders the site to the south. The site is located near a number of restaurants, small businesses and is proximate to Interstate 95. The site is well served by the 436 bus, which travels through Lynn from the commuter line to the North Shore Mall, with stops along the route to provide easy access to local shopping.
Architect: MASS Design Group
Civil Engineer/Landscape Architect: Stantec
Legal: Klein Hornig LLP
General Contractor: Dellbrook | JKS
|Overall Schedule||Estimated Start||Estimated Completion|
|Building Construction||Summer 2024||Spring 2026|
|Affirmative Marketing & Leasing||Summer 2025||Winter 2025|
|Residential Lease-up/Occupancy||Spring 2026||Summer 2026|
We're Excited to Hear From You!
Sign up below to be notified when the application period for these new apartments opens (about six months before completion). At that time, we will provide you with information about the application and lottery process.