Fulfilling. Joyful. Life-changing. Community at its best.
Shillman House is more than a place to call home—it’s a genuine community where you’re empowered by friendship, independence and opportunity. And if you ever need support, there’s peace of mind in knowing it’s always available.
Community living is enriched by compelling programs, multi-cultural celebrations for holidays and observances, and overall wellness that encompasses everything from fitness and healthy eating to engaging minds and socializing. You can indulge your creative side in the art studio. Join an exercise class to boost your energy. Stimulate your mind in the library or tech center. Or enjoy a delicious continental breakfast with friends. With joy and purpose bolstering each day, you’ll constantly discover new ways to grow, connect and truly engage in life.
No detail has been overlooked
Independent living at Shillman House is designed to make your life easier, more fun, and more fulfilling. That’s why we provide access to a wide variety of amenities and services.
- Creative culinary program with meals prepared by our award-winning chef*
- Continental breakfast and Sunday brunch
- Fireside lounge/bistro
- Beautifully appointed common areas with wireless internet service
- Fitness center, exercise classes, and wellness programs
- Cultural events, entertainment, and lifelong learning classes
- Religious studies and observances
- Media center with tech support
- Intergenerational programs
- Holiday celebrations
- Art studio
- Resident library, game room, and meeting rooms
- Hair salon*
- Convenience store
- Universal accessibility and two elevators
- Small pets welcome
*Additional fee may apply
- Housekeeping and linen service (additional fee may apply)
- Utilities included (electric and water with individually controlled heat and air conditioning)
- Resident Council
- On-site management
- Full-time resident services coordinator
- 24-hour maintenance staff
- Emergency response system
- Secured environment after 8 p.m.
- Care coordination services
- Assistance with accessing ride-share and other transportation services
Getting Out and About
Set just 20 miles from Boston in beautiful North Framingham, Massachusetts, Shillman House puts the best of the area within reach. Located in the desirable Nobscot area, you’re just steps from the tranquility of Nobscot Park and a short jaunt to the trails, ponds and lush open fields of Callahan State Park. Public transportation is comfortably accessible, quickly shuttling you to every convenience ranging from grocery stores, pharmacies, and banks to pet hospitals, golf courses, and restaurants. Plus, Boston Logan International Airport is only 25 miles from Shillman House, accommodating out-of-town visits and travel with ease.
- Shopping: Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Stop & Shop and more
- Banking: Middlesex Savings, Citizens Bank, Bank of America, and others
- Pharmacies: CVS, Walgreens, Health First and more
- Hospitals: Encompass Health Medical Facilities and MetroWest Medical Center
- Pet Needs: PetSmart, Petco, Framingham Animal Hospital, Banfield Pet Hospital
- Gardens: Garden in the Woods Botanical Gardens
- Outdoor Walks: Callahan State Park and Wittenborg Woods
- Golf: Sandy Burr Country Club and KOHR Golf Center
- Culture: Danforth Art Museum and Framingham History Center
- Restaurants: Bella Costa Italian, Chick fil-A, Cheesecake Factory, and more
- Theaters: AMC Dine-In Framingham 16