21 Newton Street, Waltham, MA
Check Back Here for Regular Updates
About This Project
2Life is preparing to start construction on our first community in Waltham, Leland House - 68 affordable apartments in a beautiful new 3-story building that pays homage to the former Leland Home that served Waltham seniors for nearly 130 years. Leland House will include a modern, thoughtfully designed Village Center serving as a hub of activity for both residents and neighbors alike. The site is ideally located to allow residents to age in community adjacent to the Waltham Senior Center, providing an amazing opportunity to coordinate programming and services, as well as just steps away from the transit rich and thriving commercial corridor along Main Street.
Highlights and Special Features
- 100% affordable to households with incomes up to 60% Area Median Income ($58,920 for one-person household), but for 2 apartments reserved for on-call live-in staff.
- Highly-efficient, sustainable and resilient building designed to Passive House standard bringing improved health, economic and environmental benefits to our residents and addressing the important objective of reducing our carbon footprint.
- The project will be designed to the highest standards of universal design (especially in bathrooms and kitchens) to allow our residents to remain at Leland House comfortably regardless of their physical ability that often changes as people age.
- The ground floor Village Center includes flexible spaces for fitness and wellness activities, arts and culture programs, space for communal meals and other community events - the hallmark of all 2Life communities.
- The 1.5 acre site provides an opportunity for residents to enjoy time outside with two patios, gardening beds, benches out front and in the side yard with over 30 trees across the site.
- Architectural items including fireplace mantles, windows and doors will be salvaged from the existing Leland Home and incorporated into the design of the new Leland House.
Architect: PCA/Prellwitz Chilinski Associates Inc.
Landscape Architect/Civil Engineer: Stantec
Legal: Klein Hornig LLP
General Contractor: Dellbrook | JKS
Interested in Learning More About Leland House?
We're Excited to Hear from You!
If you would like further information about project planning and zoning, please email us at email@example.com.
Sign up below to be notified when the application period for these new apartments opens (about six months before completion). At that time, we will provide you with information about the application and lottery process.
This page is updated frequently. For more information about this project, including opportunities to support our efforts, email our Real Estate Development team.