Your gift to 2Life will change the aging paradigm for generations.
When you make a gift to support the mission of 2Life Communities, you join a movement that’s changing the experience of aging for Boston-area seniors. You're sending a message that the oldest members of our community matter and that you value their wisdom, their experience and what they have to share. You’re striking a blow to the exclusivity that keeps many older adults living alone or in insolation, and you’re helping to create vibrant, supportive communities where older adults can thrive.
Whether you choose to donate to support our programs and services, a tribute gift in memory or in honor of a loved one, or you’d like to create a lasting legacy, your generosity will further our mission to provide older adults with connection, purpose and joy. Thank you for supporting the generations who’ve given us so much.
Honor and Memory Gifts
Making a tribute gift in honor or in memory of someone special is a wonderful way to express how much you care while supporting 2Life. Your generosity creates dynamic communities where life is enriched with programs and services that empower older adults to live engaged, connected lives of purpose and joy.
Tribute gifts are wonderful options for birthday or holiday gifts, for bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, anniversaries, and other special occasions. Memorial gifts are given to remember a loved one in lieu of sending flowers.
When making a tribute gift, please include the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Name of person and whether the gift is “in honor of” or “in memory of”
- Name and address of person to be notified of your gift
Information for Obituaries
We are deeply grateful to those individuals who choose to direct donations to 2Life Communities upon their own passing or to honor the life of a loved one. If you would like to direct family and friends to make gifts to 2Life Communities in lieu of flowers, please notify us by calling 617-912-8468, so we can properly recognize and thank those who give.
Following is suggested wording for the obituary or other announcement:
In lieu of flowers, charitable gifts may be made to 2Life Communities, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135 or online at 2LifeCommunities.org.
Foundation and Corporate Giving
Foundations and corporations of all sizes and types generously support us in providing top quality affordable housing, services, and programs that make a real difference in the lives of our residents. To learn more about how you can support 2Life through grant funding, financial contributions, partnerships, sharing your expertise, or contributing in other ways, please email our Fund Development team or call Marian Milbauer at 617-912-8484
Through Legacy Giving, you have the opportunity to make an enduring impact on those we serve while maximizing your philanthropy. Including 2Life Communities in your estate plan extends your generosity beyond your lifetime and supports future generations.
Legacy gifts can take many forms. 2Life has the expertise to help you design a planned gift that will embody your personal vision for the future. Professionals at 2Life Communities are ready to discuss how to tailor these options to your specific goals.
Advantages of legacy giving include:
- The opportunity to make a personally significant gift to 2Life Communities
- Save on gift and estate taxes
- Mitigate capital gains taxes
- Transfer wealth to family members with reduced tax burdens
- Make your annual gift to 2Life in perpetuity
- Continue making philanthropic gifts during your lifetime
Legacy Giving may include the following:
- Bequests. Also known as an estate gift, a bequest is a gift to 2Life given through a will or trust. Your gift may include assets such as art, real estate, bonds or other items of value.
- Charitable Lead Trusts. A charitable lead trust can be used to transfer assets to children or others at a significantly reduced tax liability. The tax savings from a charitable lead trust may allow you to provide significant support for 2Life Communities at little or no cost to your heirs and simultaneously introduce your heirs to your philanthropic goals.
- Gifts of Assets. Many types of assets may be used to make a planned gift to 2Life Communities, including stocks, bonds, art or real estate. In many cases, gifting appreciated assets can reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes.
- Life Insurance. Naming 2Life Communities as the beneficiary for a life insurance policy is a common, accessible way to include 2Life in your estate plan without affecting your family’s assets.
If you are considering including 2Life in your estate plans, we encourage you to contact our Fund Development team at 617-912-8486.
By naming a building, suite, or program, you can create a lasting reminder of your commitment to creating a better standard of living for all older adults and know that your generosity will be seen and celebrated for generations to come.
Named gifts to 2Life Communities is a prominent way to demonstrate your, your family’s or your company’s commitments to improving life for all Boston-area older adults. These gift opportunities may be paid over a period of years, or through a charitable trust, bequest or other estate plan.
Each 2Life Communities campus offers a range of naming opportunities. Program-focused giving opportunities are also available.
To learn more, contact our Fund Development team at 617-912-8468.
Fund Development Team
Meet 2Life Communities' Fund Development Team.